Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) is aimed at improving Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) through increased information exchange among aviation community stakeholders. CDM membership brings the benefit of real time information and a voice in ATFM and CDM process.
CDM membership is limited to qualified aviation related entities that meet the data-sharing criteria specified in the current FAA CDM Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
How to Become a CDM Participant
If you’re ready to become a CDM Participant, you should know that:
- CDM data is based on industry data and is considered proprietary.
- CDM data is the property of the industry and cannot be released without the approval of the data providers.
- CDM data is intended to support daily management of aircraft flight operations.
- Only aircraft operators that provide individual CDM data will receive aggregate FAA CDM data; FAA will provide the proprietary CDM data to CDM participants only.
- All CDM Participants are required to sign the CDM Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) effective January 1, 2015. The MOA is located under the CDM Info tab and then the CDM Documents sub-tab above.
- CDM membership is limited to qualified aviation related entities that meet the data-sharing criteria. If you are a candidate for CDM participation, you will be provided the necessary CDM background documents and a CDM MOA for applicable signatures to be turned back to the FAA’s CDM Office. Once membership approval is attained, the following issues will be addressed:
-Any needed training and documentation
-Software as needed
-CDM service providers for CDM data communication interfaces
-Testing of data exchange capabilities
If you would like to apply, have questions or would like additional information, please contact the FAA CDM POC:
FAA System Operations Service Unit
David J. Hurley Air Traffic Control System Command Center
3701 Macintosh Dr
Warrenton, VA 20187